A healthy, hearty side, this rice dish packs plenty of flavor. Pairs nicely as a compliment for fish or chicken. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- 1 táami berry
- 2 Tbsp Slivered Almonds
- 3 Scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Cups Raw white rice
- 3 Cups 98% fat-free, no-salt-added canned chicken broth
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 ½ Cups Frozen baby peas
- Lightly coat a nonstick pot with cooking spray. Add the almond slices and sauté until brown. Remove almonds and set aside.
- Again lightly coat the pot with cooking spray. Sauté the scallions for 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat for 2 minutes. Add the broth, zest, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Bring to simmer, cover and cook until the rice is almost cooked, about 12 minutes. Stir in peas and continue to cook until all of the broth is absorbed. Add the almonds, fluff with a fork and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories 133.8
- Total Fat 3.6g
- Saturated Fat 0.4g
- Sugars 2.4g
- Protein 4.8g
- Vitamin A 15.5%
- Vitamin B-12 2.0%
- Vitamin B-6 5.2%
- Vitamin C 34.9%
- Vitamin D 0.0%
- Vitamin E 7.3%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.