Sweet Thai goodness! This recipe has all the flavor of South East Asia with all the nutrition you could ask for. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1 táami berry
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 lb Cooked and peeled small shrimp
- 1 Cup Thinly sliced red, yellow and/or orange bell pepper
- 1 Cup Seeded and thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, cilantro and/or mint
- Whisk lime juice, fish sauce, oil, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber and fresh herbs; toss to coat.
- NOTE: Fish sauce is a pungent Southeast Asian condiment made from salted, fermented fish. Find it in the Asian section of large supermarkets and in Asian specialty markets. We use Thai Kitchen fish sauce, lower in sodium than other brands (1,190 mg per tablespoon), in our nutritional analyses.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories 181
- Total Fat 5.8g
- Saturated Fat 0.7g
- Sugars 0.8g
- Protein 24.3g
- Vitamin A 14.8%
- Vitamin B-12 22.0%
- Vitamin B-6 15.4%
- Vitamin C 159.2%
- Vitamin D 43.1%
- Vitamin E 8.8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.